Everybody is welcome to attend “Energy = Yes! Quality = No!” (Critical Workshop). Everyone, not only those interested in art, is welcome to participate. However, there are three requirements:
- To bring a single input, contribution, work (it can be a text, an original painting, a drawing, a song, a collage, a sculpture, a video, etc.)
- To engage in common work, discussions, exchange, thinking, judging
- To attend a full session (3 hours)
The goals of “Energy = Yes! Quality = No!” (Critical Workshop) are:
- To encourage doing something, a work of one’s own
- To be ready to have it judged
- To trust one’s own —very own— judgement
The input of every participant is discussed together in equality, in its outcome and consequences. The work will be judged through questions and debate such as “Is there implication?”, “Is it an event?”, “Are there encounters?”, “Does it create a new term in art?”.
Both Spanish and English speakers are welcome to participate. There will be a translator present.
Photo credit: Thomas Hirschhorn, “Energy = Yes! Quality = No!” (Critical Workshop), Kochi-Muziris Biennale, Kochi